Materials & Care Guide
Crafted in Gold Vermeil, White Gold Vermeil, Rose Gold Vermeil, Sterling Silver and Gold Plated, all of our jewellery is hand made by talented artisans around the World. We are proud that our gemstones, quartz and materials are ethically sourced and produced.
The quality of our jewelry is extremely important to us and we work closely with our team in Jaipur & Guangzhou to ensure that the best materials and processes are used for every product.
This guide will help you to maintain your Carey pieces stunning and beautiful for as long as possible. There are many factors that can influence the wear and tear of your jewelry, but above all, it is important to remember that jewelry is delicate and needs to be looked after carefully so you can enjoy wearing it for many years to come.
Gold Vermeil is a common type of gold plating, which uses sterling silver as the base metal which has been coated with 2.5 microns of 14k gold plate (which means its super thick and longer lasting!). It strikes the perfect balance of high quality at an affordable price – making it ideal for those, who just like us, are looking for “affordable luxury”.
Gold Vermeil is more hypoallergenic and has a thicker layer of gold than normal gold plating.
Using the highest quality materials and process, Gold Vermeil is far more durable than other gold plated options and can last for years to come. However, if worn continuously (especially rings) the gold plate can start to wear away after 6 months. In this instance, we will not be able to offer a refund as this is not a fault in the product, but rather the nature of wear and tear. That's why we offer a one-time re-plating service for free with your first purchase, and re-plating services for a small fee, please feel free to CONTACT US for further details.
To maintain the stunning Gold Vermeil finish for as long as possible, please follow our recommendations for care:
* Remove jewelry before showering, swimming, working out, etc. because water and chemicals (especially chlorine) can affect the longevity of the gold plating. This is especially important for rings, as they suffer wear and tear much more than other jewelry types since we use our hands for everything we do.
* Put your jewelry on last when getting ready as makeup, perfume, hairspray, and lotions can affect the beauty and shine of your Gold Vermeil.
* After each wear give your jewelry a quick wipe with a gentle cloth to remove lingering oils, or moisture. Store in an air tight container or ziplock bag if possible.
* To clean your Carey jewelry and restore its shine we recommend that you use the jewelry pouch sent with your pieces with our logo embossed (included in your packaging), as it's been specifically created to maintain and clean your clean your jewelry.
Sterling Silver is an alloy made up of 92.5% pure Silver and 7.5% Copper. This alloy is used for jewelry making as it is far more durable than pure silver alone.
The nature of Sterling Silver is that it can oxidize when it comes into contact with air and so Gold Vermeil and Silver jewelry can both be prone to tarnishing. This is not a fault and can be easily remedied. We recommend gently rubbing your jewelry with our jewelry pouch as it is specialized to restore its shine and keep it looking at its best.
All of our semi precious gemstones are completely natural meaning that each stone is unique to you! There can be variations in colour and pattern within our stones, however we feel that this just adds to their natural beauty. Each stone is carefully selected and considered for every design to ensure maximum “wow” factor!
To care for your gemstones and ensure they keep their original beauty we recommend taking the following steps:
* Do not keep jewelry in direct sunlight and remove it whilst sunbathing. Extreme temperatures and strong UV rays can cause gemstones to fade in color and shine.
* Remove jewelry when washing your hands, showering or swimming because water and chemicals (especially chlorine) can dull gemstones.
* Be mindful of any knocks or bumps when wearing semi precious gemstones and always remove jewelry when exercising.
Packagings now include our original signature new logo embossed microfibre pouch to maintain and preserve your jewelry for as long as possible. Safe for travel.
Our gorgeous logo embossed fabric pouch has been designed as a super eco friendly option, and is ideal for transporting and storing your jewelry in a space saving fashion.
We recommend storing all of your Carey pieces in their original packaging to maintain and preserve your jewelry for as long as possible.